Modeling and Simulation of Computer Networks
Topics of this course
- What is a system?
- What is a model?
- What is an experiment?
- What is performance and how to measure it?
- On what does performance depend?
- How to build a model?
- How to numerically evaluate it?
- How to interpret such results?
At the end of this course, you should ...
- know about simulation principles
- be able to build models of systems
- be able to identify suitable performance metrics
- be able to design and implement simple discrete event simulation programs
- have some experience with a modern simulation tool
- be able to design effective experiments
- be familiar with basic statistical questions
- now how to evaluate (simulation) experiment results
- be aware of common pitfalls