This course introduces the fascinating field of mobile and wireless communications.
- Introduction: applications, history, market vision, overview
- Wireless Transmission: frequencies & regulations, signals, antennas, MIMO, signal propagation, multiplexing, modulation, spread spectrum, SDR, cellular system
- Medium Access Control: motivation, SDMA, FDMA, TDMA (fixed, Aloha, CSMA, DAMA, PRMA, MACA, collision avoidance, polling), CDMA
- Telecommunication Systems: GSM (HSCSD, GPRS), DECT, TETRA, UMTS/IMT-2000, LTE
- Wireless LAN: infrastructure/ad-hoc, IEEE 802.11 (a, b, g, h, n ...), mobile QoS, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.15, ZigBee
- Mobile Network Layer: Mobile IP, ad-hoc networks, routing optimization
- Mobile Transport Layer: traditional TCP, proxy architectures, wireless TCP
- Outlook: 5th generation, all IP-based networks, always best connected
This course is mainly based on this course of Prof. Dr. Jochen Schiller.
- For master students only.
- This course is limited to 10 students.
- Only manual registration via mail to Kai Kientopf with the following information:
- full name
- official OVGU mail address
- study course